Dove Valley, Colorado is a small unincorporated community located in Douglas County. It is situated in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, just west of Denver. The area is known for its stunning views of the mountains and its peaceful atmosphere. Here are some unique facts about Dove Valley:
1. Dove Valley was originally founded in 1859 as a mining camp. It was named after the abundance of doves in the area.
2. The area is home to the Denver Broncos training facility, which opened in 1990.
3. The community is home to the historic Dove Valley Ranch, which was built in 1876. The ranch is now a popular tourist attraction and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
4. The area is known for its abundance of wildlife, including deer, elk, coyotes, and even mountain lions.
5. The area is also home to the Rocky Flats National Wildlife Refuge, which is a protected area for birds and other wildlife.
6. The community is home to the historic Dove Valley Church, which was built in 1876. The church is still in use today and is a popular destination for weddings and other special events.
7. The area is also home to the historic Dove Valley Cemetery, which was established in 1876. The cemetery is the final resting place for many of the area's pioneers.
Dove Valley is a beautiful and peaceful community with a rich history. It is a great place to visit and explore the area's natural beauty and unique history.