Deckers, Colorado is a small unincorporated community located in Douglas County, Colorado. It is situated along the South Platte River, about 25 miles southwest of Denver. Deckers is a popular destination for outdoor enthusiasts, offering a variety of activities such as fishing, camping, hiking, and mountain biking. Here are some unique facts about Deckers, Colorado:
1. Deckers was originally known as “Decker’s Crossing”, named after the Decker family who settled in the area in the late 1800s. The town was officially incorporated in 1887.
2. Deckers is home to the Deckers Outdoor Corporation, a leading manufacturer of outdoor apparel and footwear. The company was founded in 1973 and is headquartered in Deckers.
3. Deckers is home to the Deckers Creek Trail, a popular hiking and biking trail that runs along the South Platte River. The trail is approximately 10 miles long and offers stunning views of the surrounding mountains.
4. Deckers is home to the Deckers Fishing Club, a private fishing club that offers members access to some of the best fishing spots in the area. The club also hosts a variety of fishing tournaments throughout the year.
5. Deckers is home to the Deckers Arts and Music Festival, an annual event that celebrates the town’s unique culture and history. The festival features live music, art, food, and more.
Deckers, Colorado is a great destination for outdoor enthusiasts and those looking for a unique experience. With its rich history, stunning scenery, and variety of activities, Deckers is sure to provide an unforgettable experience.