Brookside, Colorado is a small town located in the Rocky Mountains. It is known for its stunning views of the mountains and its peaceful atmosphere. The town has a population of just over 1,000 people and is a popular destination for outdoor enthusiasts. Here are some unique facts about Brookside, Colorado:
1. Brookside was founded in 1876 by a group of miners who were looking for gold. The town was named after the nearby brook, which was a source of water for the miners.
2. Brookside is home to the oldest continuously operating saloon in Colorado. The saloon was built in 1877 and is still open today.
3. The town is home to the Brookside Museum, which houses artifacts from the town's mining history. The museum also features a collection of old photographs and documents from the town's past.
4. Brookside is home to the world's largest natural hot springs. The springs are located in the nearby mountains and are a popular destination for visitors.
5. The town is home to the Brookside Ski Resort, which is one of the oldest ski resorts in Colorado. The resort offers a variety of ski runs and is a popular destination for skiers and snowboarders.
6. Brookside is home to the Brookside Arts Festival, which is held every summer. The festival features art, music, and food from local artists and vendors.
7. The town is home to the Brookside Historical Society, which is dedicated to preserving the town's history. The society hosts events throughout the year, including lectures, tours, and exhibits.
Brookside, Colorado is a beautiful town with a rich history. It is a great destination for outdoor enthusiasts and those looking for a peaceful getaway. Whether you're looking for a ski vacation or a relaxing weekend, Brookside is the perfect place to visit.