Twin Lakes, Colorado is a small mountain town located in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. It is known for its stunning views of the surrounding mountains, its abundance of outdoor activities, and its friendly locals. Here are some unique facts about Twin Lakes that you may not know:
1. Twin Lakes is home to the highest suspension bridge in North America. The bridge spans over 800 feet and is located in the San Isabel National Forest. It is a popular spot for hikers and photographers alike.
2. Twin Lakes is home to the world’s largest natural lake. The lake is over 10 miles long and is a popular spot for fishing, boating, and swimming.
3. Twin Lakes is home to the world’s largest hot springs. The springs are located in the San Isabel National Forest and are a popular spot for relaxation and rejuvenation.
4. Twin Lakes is home to the world’s largest elk herd. The herd is estimated to be over 10,000 strong and can be seen grazing in the meadows around town.
5. Twin Lakes is home to the world’s oldest ski resort. The resort has been in operation since the early 1900s and is a popular spot for skiing, snowboarding, and tubing.
Twin Lakes is a unique mountain town with plenty of activities and attractions to explore. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing getaway or an adventure-filled vacation, Twin Lakes has something for everyone.